Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List iconSign-up for eNews

Public Works Emergencies

In case of water or other utility emergencies, please call public works after hours at 952.960.7914.

On the Calendar

FRI, APR 18, City Hall Closes at Noon for Good Friday

TUES, APR 22, 6pm, Parks Summit Mtg. @ SS Center

WED, APR 23, Recycling Day

THUR, APR 24, Recycling Day-Island

MON, APR 28, 7pm, City Council Reg. Mtg.

Monthly Calendar



City Hall Hours

  • City Hall is open Monday-Friday, 8 am-4:30 pm.
  • Southshore Center is open Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-3:30 pm.



Bookmark and Share

Join Shorewood eNews Today!

Click the yellow button on the right to receive information on general city news and events, the city newsletter, recycling reminders and more. Choose your subscriptions, change your email address, or update your choices at any time. You may also like our Facebook page!

Click on the slides below to be directed to more information:

Street Sweeping Begins

Public Works crews have started street sweeping. Please make sure that once your street is cleaned you do not sweep or blow any debris into the roadway. It is illegal to put grass clippings and debris in the roadway. The resulting debris ends up in our lakes and wetlands when the rains take it into the storm sewer system causing drainage and lake condition issues.

Reporting Pot Holes and Road Weight Restrictions

Pot Holes can happen overnight and your car has an easy time finding brand new holes! Please report all pot holes to the city, county or MnDOT accordingly.

To preserve the condition of the public streets within the city from serious damage and destruction during vulnerable weather conditions, street weight restrictions are enforced according to MnDOT guidelines. View Map. For exact dates (based upon weather) please see the MnDOT website, or call the city at 952.960.7913.

City Tree Sale

Orders are currently being accepted for the Shorewood City Tree Sale. The shade tree being offered this year is the Hackberry. Other trees still available include: White Cedar and Japanse Tree Lilac. Japanese Tree Lilac was selected for being bee friendly and for its winter beauty. The White Cedar does well in this area, able to handle the clay soils and some shade. The Hackberry is a beautiful shade tree that will mix well with the current trees in Shorewood and is disease resistant. Order date has been extended to April 11. Limited supplies of all trees. All trees must be picked up at Minnetonka Pubic Works facility on April 25 or 26. See the order form for complete details.

2014 Lk Mtka Boater Safety Education Program

The Lake Minnetonka Conservation District has partnered with the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office Water patrol to create a Lake Minnetonka Boater Safety Education Program. This free program is for ages 12-17. The all-day program will be held on Saturday, April 26 from 8am-5pm at the Minnetonka Community Center. The deadline to register is Friday, April 18 at 4:30 PM.

Report Community Public Works Issues

The City is testing an online form to report area issues such as mowing and park concerns, potholes and other street issues, drainage problems, and other public works concerns. Please use our new online system to report these and related issues. You are also encouraged to submit feedback on the online report system


  • Utility Bills
  • Pot Holes
  • Hydrant Flushing
  • Recycling
  • Community Center
  • Solicitors

Reporting Pot Holes

Pot Holes can happen overnight and your car has an easy time finding brand new holes! Please report all pot holes to the city, county or MnDOT accordingly.

City water mains are flushed semi-annually in the spring and the fall. Flushing is done to remove mineral deposits that have accumulated in the water pipes. Households may experience rusty water, discoloration or other problems during flushing. City crews take precautions to limit problems. However, if you do experience rusty water, running the cold-water tap will clean out your system. Call the Utility Division at 952.960.7900 if you have a problem related to flushing that does not clear up within 48 hours. Flushing is currently taking place on the west side of Shorewood heading east.


City code requires for-profit solicitors to get a solicitation license from the city. Each solicitor must carry a copy of the license, and they must be able to show it upon request.
Learn More