Report a Road

City streets are inspected and assessed annually for any needed maintenance and hazards (resurfacing and drainage). Public Works staff also inspects any received notification of hazards in streets. Please call 952.960.7900 for more information or to report a street needing repair or report online. Please be specific in describing the location and problem. Issues with county roads should be reported to Hennepin County. Problems on state and federal roads may be directed to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.

Related Links

Speed Limits

The city maintains speed limits according to guidelines from the Minnesota Department of Transportation. If you notice a speed problem, you may request the Speed Awareness Display (SAD) be placed on the roadway to monitor speeds. Requests should be directed to South Lake Minnetonka Police Department. The SAD is in high demand, so your request will be put on a list and your street will be monitored when possible.


Quick Links



Bookmark and Share


The Engineering Department is responsible for overseeing the planning, design and construction of all public streets and utility projects, including right-of way acquisition, and maintains records on all public improvements that have been made within the city. This department also prepares feasibility reports and performs inspections of the capital improvement projects. Other responsibilities include special assessments, traffic operations, grading permits, utility permits, and overseeing the preparation of city maps.

RFP for Renewable Energy Alternatives

The City of Shorewood is Requesting Proposals (RFP) for professional services to perform a renewable energy alternatives analysis and study for City facilities and other facilities.  In general, the requested study will review renewable energy alternatives that provide cost effective energy system(s) that will reduce City costs for energy, will have a financial benefit lifecycle, is considered a “renewable” or “green” energy technology, and is practical for Municipal facilities, with potential to serve other properties and/or facilities.

The City is requesting consultants with experience in renewable energy resources respond to this RFP. The City does not want manufacturers to submit proposals specific to their products.  The RFP is to review renewable energy alternatives and the City may decide to issue future RFP(s) for specific implementation.

Contact Paul Hornby, City Engineer at with any questions regarding this RFP.