Frequently Used Phone Numbers

City Hall & Inspections

After Hours Public Works

Southshore Center

Christmas Lake Camera
(Safari or Internet Explorer)



Pay utility bill

See click fix

GIS maps


On the Calendar

5 PM, Groundbreaking @ Badger Park
5:30 PM, City Council Special Meeting
6:00 PM, City Council Work Session
7 PM, City Council Meeting

TUES, JULY 26, 6 PM, Park Commission Tours

WED, JULY 27, Recycling Day (mainland)

THURS, JULY 28, Recycling Day (islands)

7 PM, Planning Commission Meeting
Night to Unite


Monthly Calendar

Contact Us


Bookmark and Share


Join eNews!

Get newsletters, recycling reminders, road contruction updates, city news and more through our eNews subscription service. Update or change at your convenience. Sign Up

Crescent Beach Open

Hennepin County Public Health's information on beach conditions is online. Crescent Beach lifefuards are on duty daily 12-5 pm through August 7.

Water Report Available

The annual water report is now available. This report is for testing that was conducted during the year 2015. If you have any questions, please contact Public Works Director Larry Brown, 952.960.7913, or

Report City Issues With See Click Fix

To better serve residents in the community, Shorewood has joined with See Click Fix reporting system to simplify reporting of issues in the community. It is not for emergencies, but is a great way to report downed trees, potholes, graffiti or vandalism, park equipment issues, and other similar items. Click on the button at the right to check out the system and to get links to add a mobile app to your cellular phone.

Road Construction Creates Delays

Please drive slowly through construction zones and watch out for large trucks. Roadways are narrow in construction areas so please be cautious.

To get Shorewood road construction updates, sign up on eNews!road construction sign

Smithtown Road Sidewalk – East Extension
Staff noticed issues with the height of the curb, so reinstallation will take place beginning Monday, August 1. Sidewalk installation will follow the week of August 8.. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Matt, 612.246.9347, or by email.

County Road 19, Glen Road to Navarre

Soulder work will continue beginning Monday, July 25. Striping will following beginning Monday, August 1. Expect delays and use alternative routes when possible. Flaggers will control traffic as needed.

Manitou Road Trail Crossing

The crossing project is approximately 95% complete.  Remaining work includes the installation of the RRFBs and restoration.  The RRFBs will be installed in mid-August.  From now until the RRFBs are installed, the crossing will function as it did prior to the project--vehicles along CR 19 will have the Right-of-Way.

Once the RRFBs are installed, the crossing will be marked with pavement striping.  This will give the Right-of-Way to the trail users.  Trail users need to push the button to activate the RRFBs prior to crossing CR 19.  Trail users may then cross when vehicles begin to slow down at the crossing.  Trail users have the Right-of-Way, but still cannot enter the roadway if a vehicle does not have time to stop.

The median is also available for trail users to complete the crossing in two stages.  They may cross one lane of traffic, safely wait in the median, and then cross the second lane.

All construction is dependent upon weather.

GIS Maps Open to the Public

Check out the new Shorewood maps available online! Properties can be searched using address, owners last name, and property identification code.

Development Projects

The Shorewood City Council has approved final plan, plat and development agreement for two major development projects in Shorewood. Get more information on both projects online:

Minnetonka Country Club Development, Country Club and Smithtown Roads
Oppidan Senior Housing Development, Chaska Road and Highway 7

  • Utility Bills
  • Pot Holes
  • Hydrant Flushing
  • Recycling
  • Community Center
  • Solicitors

Reporting Pot Holes

Pot Holes can happen overnight and your car has an easy time finding brand new holes! Please report all pot holes to the city, county or MnDOT accordingly.

2016 Spring Watermain flushing began April 4 and will continue throughout the city until hydrant

City water mains are flushed semi-annually in the spring and the fall. Households may experience rusty water, discoloration or low water pressure during flushing. However, if you do experience rusty water, running the cold-water tap will usually clean out your system. Call the Utility Division at 952.960.7900 if you have a problem related to flushing that does not clear up within 48 hours.


City code requires for-profit solicitors to get a solicitation license from the city. Each solicitor must carry a copy of the license, and they must be able to show it upon request. No FEMA solicitors will be going door to door. Call 9-1-1 if you are contacted by one.
Learn More